Thursday 29 March 2012

Tight-Arse Thursday and Charli's Birthday

Yeah, it's Friday... I couldn't get the photos to upload yesterday. So here it is, better late than never!


Happy birthday to my beautiful girl!

I know, I know, it's totally cliche... But I honestly cannot believe how fast the time has gone! It blows me away to think that this...

... was three whole years ago!

And now...

 Sheesh, it really does blow me away.


Lets move on to the Tight-Arse Thursday bit...

I was trying to think of something creative to do in Charli's room for her birthday. She LOVES butterflies and rainbows at the moment, so I thought... why not rainbow bitterflies?!
I went to the local Mitre 10 and grabbed a heap of colour cards...

... then folded them in half lengthwise and cut out half butterfly shapes. Open them up, and voila! Butterflies!!




 

(Apologies for the bad pics, but you get the gist!)

I wanted to stick them up on the wall and over the ceiling, but quickly discovered that blu-tak pulls ceiling white off really easily.

One of the other things I made is this dolly. Charli's named her "Tedlan"... I don't know why!


The gorgeous pattern is a slightly modified version of the "Easy Doll Pattern" from Dolls and Daydreams. https://www.facebook.com/dollsanddaydreams
Sarah has a whole heap of gorgeous patterns that are so simple to make!

Tedlan only took me 1 1/2 hours to make - super easy!

I've had a few requests for similar dolls, and I'm totally happy to make them. Just let me know what colour hair / clothes you'd like, and if you'd like a boy or a girl.

On that note, I'm off for the day. Washing to fold, lawn to mow. It's a gorgeous 31 degrees here today, so I reckon we'll be outside for the day.

Love on ya's all,
sof
 xxxx

3 comments:

  1. Totally funky.....We may not live close to you anymore, but I can hear you speakin these words!! Nice way to be able to keep up with what's happening in your life. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I love your butterflies! What a great idea!! And the doll is great too....very talented lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thanks love! I do tend to write like I speak :D
    Love reading your blog too and following what you guys are up to in your journeys. Love to you all, kisses to you and C and the kids <3

    ReplyDelete