Wednesday 15 February 2012

Welcome

Hello y'all!

Welcome to Mama Sof - makings and musings of a middling mama.

So, this is my first blog! Are you excited for me? I'm excited.

I have so many things to write about, but I thought I'd best start with an introduction and a bit about why I decided to start blogging.

My name's Sofie, I have a daughter Charli, who was born in 2009, and a son Alex, who was born in 2010. Charli calles me Mama Sof, hence the name for the blog. They are the most wonderful, happy, delightful, caring little individuals, and I am so proud to have brought them into the world.
I love to cook and craft, and to spend time in my garden. I love reading and music, and long walks on moonlit shores. You get the idea.

There's two reasons that I decided to start blogging. The first is that I feel like a pretty middling mama. I'm not a huge hippy, but I definately have some hippy tendancies, and I'm not totally mainstream, but I definately do some pretty mainstream things. As I've been reading blogs online, I've noticed there's not a whole out there heap for people who are generally middle of the road. I thought I might be able to fill a niche there, and give something to the other mama's and papa's out there who don't quite know where they fit.

The second reason I decided to start is that so many people ask me "Wow! How did you do that?!" so, so, so many times. I figured that I may as well just write about the things that I do.

I reckon this will end up a bit of a mishmash of things, there'll be recipes, crafts, general thoughts on life, the universe and everything. Feel free to make suggestions. Other than that, hang on, and enjoy the ride!

Much love,
Sof x

Oh, before I go, I'd like to give a HUGE thank you to Chris Harris of Harlee Design for making my page pretty. The picture's all me, but he made it look good. You can see his awesome work at http://harlee.com.au/, and go and 'like' their facebook page, it's at https://www.facebook.com/#!/harleedesign. They're just brill.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there chickee. I haz a blog too! www.chromama.net. I am (totally safely) stalking you here now, LOL.

    ReplyDelete